Monday, October 02, 2006

swimmingly.
I could not focus on homework tonight!! One minute I was trying to read, and then suddenly I was making egg salad and jewelry!! wtf?? Anyway, that is the necklace I made (wire wrapped and beaded..a business associate of mine made the fused glass piece) It's a bit busier and more colorful than my usual pieces, but oh well..I had to tie in the colors in the glass. And then another ink sketch! I really like ink right now...and strangely, I like it even better with a little touch of color!!

Oh! We watched a video on a cool artist, Andy Goldsworthy, today in 3-D. He works in/with nature..and makes such beautiful impermanent things out of icicles or twigs or stones!! I want to try some environmental art out now...hmm...

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger John L said...

Damn sam. you got ur own style already. fudggeee! that one is awesome... did you use watercolor for the bg and face?

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Fabien said...

lol havent seen ur blog in a while.. good stuff! it seems u arent scared of watercolors anymore!! its quite beautiful and it really livens up ur ink drawings

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Sam said...

haha, yes it is watercolor! I am no longer afraid of adding color to things...I think it's straight up watercolor that is a bit intimidating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home